terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2018

Work work work work work work

Just downloaded the Blogger app. I guess this way I'll probably post more frequently.

I've been reading a great book about machine gambling addiction. Yesterday I read one chapter about how gamblers direct all their life and activities towards playing (and being "in the zone" (of disolving as a subject and away from every problem and mundane issue)). So when they are not gambling, they are planning their routine in order to have more time to play.
I kinda feel the same way about my work. Every single thing that I do is thinking about how it will help me produce more, and better, my final dissertation. So my eating habits, my exercise routines, my yoga habits (or at least I'm trying), my rest, my vacation, my weekends, everything is designed first thinking about how will it affect or not my thesis process. I feel really stressed out by it. Sunday night I couldn't sleep and had a terrible nightmare. This is my last week before my holidays and I am freaking out thinking I haven't produced enough (and won't by Friday) to have a deserved month off. I'm already anxious about the time left I will have in August to finnish the article I'm writing (it's due by the middle of the month, sort of), and thinking that at some point during my trip in July I will have to write a bit not to get too busy later. So everything is about work and the fucking phd. I should change this mindset.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário